Tuesday, October 04, 2005

2nd week of classes

So, I'm being really bad with my postings. Only one since classes started. Shame on me.

This quarter is turning out to be a heavier work load than I thought it would be. I feel like each day goes by so quickly, and every night I feel guilty for not doing everything I had planned to. Grading is kicking my butt. It's a constant stream. Each class I teach has stuff for me to grade after every class meeting. The worst is when I don't get stuff done, and then the grading piles up on the next day.

MPS is going well. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I was dreading teaching MPS, but I enjoy teaching that class more than my calculus class. I've always loved calculus, and I think it is truly beautiful, but to teach it for the 3rd time in 4 quarters makes me feel like I'm going through the motions. I think if I taught a calc class using the MPS format, it would be really cool. I think there was some talk of making a pre-calc MPS class, but maybe I'm just imagining that.

I'm supposed to be working on an assignment for calc right now, but, of course, I"m not. I promised it would be posted by thursday at 1:30, and dammit, it will be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page