Sunday, June 01, 2008

The End of College

It hit me yesterday, as I was doing laundry, that I have been a college graduate for over 10 years now. I think I graduated on May 9, 1998, but I'm not at all sure on that.

That being said, I still feel like I'm in school, with this MBA thing still going on. As it turns out I'm going to have to go to class, and take a quiz, on my birthday, which lands on a Saturday this year. Birthdays only land on weekends so often, but even though mine is on a weekend this year, 4 hours of that day will be spent sitting in class. Oh joy!

On the teaching side of things, we have 4 weeks left in the quarter. Someone once told me that De Anza (and Foothill) end later than any other college in the country. I don't know if that's the case, but going until June 27 is pretty deep into the Summer. To top it off, the Summer quarter starts on June 30. I don't get any real break from De Anza until August. At least when that time comes around this year, I will know that I won't be back at De Anza until January, thanks to me being on sabbatical.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Solution: Persuade wife with chocolate and flowers to be waiting in car with suitcase/ picnic basket blanket and sunscreen on exam day. As soon as you finish you class- run like James Bond, jump in car like Dukes of Hazard, and let feline speed away like Angaline Jolie-Pitt into the sunset. On the bright side, you don't have to arrange for a babysitter.

June 04, 2008 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page