Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The lost file and the wave

On Monday, a file which contained a lot of the grades from my classes went blank for no reason I can think of. It really freaked me out, when I discovered the problem on Tuesday morning.

Tuesday was a blur to me, because all I could think about was that file. I think I've been abel to salvage grades though, as long as my calculus students can give me back what I have graded.

The missing file set back a lot of work that I was hoping to do this week. I can't work on the math and language paper for next week, because I have other things that are more pressing.

On a lighter note, today, in the MPS class, we did the wave project. It was fun for me (may more than it was for the students). I think it's great when I can get a class to do something that would be emberassing, if it weren't associated with getting a grade. That's what learning is - doing things that may seem odd, only to come away with something in the end. My favorite problem is still getting students to figure out the height of the flag pole. It's so useful (not the height of the pole, but using trig to find distances and lengths), so I'm disappointed when students just copy off of someone who actually did the work.

I would like to post more pictures on here, but don't know what to post. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page