Saturday, June 14, 2008

What's been up with me

I haven't blogged for a while.

First, an update on Maya. My niece, Maya, was born on May 1, and had to have open heart surgery when she was 6 days old. It was touch-and-go for a while, and it was rough on our family for a week or two. She is now back home with her parents, but still has some recovering to do. Here she is, showing what she really thinks of her uncle.



As far as what I'm up to; another MBA class is coming to an end. On June 19, I have my last 'Translating Strategy to Operations' class. I then get 20 days off!!!

My next class postponed it's start for 2 weeks (I don't know why), so I get almost 3 weeks without an MBA class, which is kind of amazing, because I've had at least one MBA class a week since early January. My next class is the capstone MBA class, where we have to come up with a business we would want to start. I'm think of having my business be a tutoring center (or a bed and breakfast). The bed and breakfast would probably be looked at as being an odd choice, which may not be the best to go with. I went with an odd choice for my law paper - many people did discrimination cases, and I focused on a wrongful dismissal suit brought on by a teacher - and I got a very good grade before, so who knows? Maybe I should do a bed and breakfast.

In De Anza news, the quarter is wrapping up in two weeks, and then the Summer session starts. I'm looking forward to teaching this Summer, because I'm teaching just one class, and it doesn't meet until 3 pm, so I can get work done in the mornings.

That's it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page