Friday, May 11, 2007

Stanford Theatre


There are a number of things I say I want to do before my time in the Bay Area is over. Tonight, I got to do one of them. Lauren and I went to the Stanford Theatre to see The Philadelphia Story. shortly after the movie started, I realized that I had seen it before, but it was just as good the second time around.

The theater is a fantastic classic movie theater with an organist that plays before and after the movie. Right before the movie begins, he is lowered beneath the stage, and the curtains open up to project the movie onto the screen. He comes up from beneath the stage as the movie comes to and end. Pretty cool.

It's a very different movie experience from going to a multiplex or the Speakeasy.

I think the only times I've seen classic movies on a big screen was when I took movie classes, which is not quite as fun because you're getting graded on watching the movie.

There are other things I want to do before I leave the area, but I won't list them right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page