Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Final Four Picks



I want to preface this by saying that I have been pretty bad at picking the final four in the NCAA men's basketball tournament over the last few years. That said, here is my final four:

UCLA
Maryland
Georgetown
Ohio State

Why did I pick these teams?

Don't read this, unless you really care.



UCLA - If UCLA gets to the sweet 16, their games will be in San Jose, which will basically be a home game for UCLA. Having seen UCLA play in last year's tournament, in Oakland, they were the home team in both games. The crowd was so UCLA heavy, that I felt weird not wearing that annoying blue color that the UCLA faithful wear. I also think they are a very good team, and the bracket they are placed in will give them a fairly good road to the final four.



Maryland - This is an odd pick, I will admit. Being "from" Maryland, I've followed the team (to some extent) for over 15 years. I watched no Maryland games this season, but I did see highlights, and they attack the basket like no team I've seen this year. I think this can get them by Florida, who many people pick as winning the whole thing. I also think Maryland can get by Wisconsin, which (I think) has smaller players that will not be able to handle the intensity of Maryland.



Georgetown - Georgetown has been on fire over the past few games, and I think a hot team can go very far in the tournament. I think they are in a fairly easy bracket, with only North Carolina (overrated) and Texas (good team, but not a great one). I think it will be a good Final Four for the DC area, with both Georgetown and Maryland making it that far.



Ohio State - Ohio State has the easiest road to the Final Four. There is almost no competition in their bracket. Memphis has a nice 30-3 record, but have not played very many good teams this season. I think Ohio State will march through their bracket, and easily get to the Final Four.

I've said way too much about my thoughts on college basketball. We'll find out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page