Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Weekend before Finals



I often like to have very little work to do the weekend before finals; finals are written at that point, and just about everything that needs to be graded has been graded.

This quarter though, I did have to do some work over the pre-finals weekend. I finished up an MBA course on Thursday night, with a big group project/presentation. Because I had been working on that all week, I had to put some grading on the back burner until the weekend. I still tried to make the most of the weekend....

On Friday, Lauren picked me up from work, and we went to see Get Smart. It was pretty good. I'd give it a 7.8 on a 0-10 scale. I had a soccer game that evening, but because of the heat, and the fact that the opposing team could only field 8 players, they forfeited after 25 minutes (in that time I scored twice, though one was called back for being offsides - I did not agree with the ref on that call).

I got 5 hours sleep on Friday night - I can't sleep when it's light, and because of the 100-degree weather we have had, we slept with the window open. I was up by 6, after going to bed at 1.

Saturday included watching Russia beat The Netherlands in the Euro 2008 cup (our satellite went out for a couple of minutes during the game - the couple of minutes when The Netherlands scored to tie up the game). I graded Algebra projects while watching the game.

We also (finally) used a gift certificate to Menara (pictured above). It had actually expired in May, but I creatively changed some 5's to 8's, and we were able to use it. Score!

Today, I plan on watching the Spain-Italy game (while grading quizzes), cleaning the house, and making banana bread. I live on that fine line between sports enthusiast and domestic spouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page