Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My Calculus Class concerns me

I've never had a class where so few people ask to see homework questions.

Over the whole quarter, students have done problems on the board less than 10 times. That number is scary. I don't think I've ever had a class where students went to the board less than 50 times (each time represents each homework question that is answered at the board). What scares me is that a fair number of these students are not doing the work needed, and will not pass the class.

This is what I don't like about that stupid ratemyprofessor website. Students get the impression you don't have to do work with certain professors. THIS IS A CALCULUS CLASS!!! If anyone thinks they can pass a calculus class without doing work, they are completly out of their mind, and really need to re-examine what they are doing in a calculus class.

I worked my butt off in college (according to many at MSU, the math major was the most difficult to get through). If I put as little effort into my classes (all my classes) as some students do, I would have flunked out. It blows my mind to see students who don't bother to do any work. When I see that, I see the friends I had my freshman year in college, who never saw graduation day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page