Saturday, February 18, 2006

Oscar Movies and Chinatown

On this four-day weekend, I have seen 2.5 movies (I'm in the middle of movie 3, The Crying Game, as I post this).

Yesterday, I saw Munich, and have now seen all the movies that are nominated for the Best Movie Oscar. I liked Munich more than I thought I would. Of the movies nominated, I would rank it tied for second place. Here is my ranking of the Best Movie Oscars.

1. Crash. A great movie. I think it was the best movie I saw in 2005. I'm into the way people talk, and react to race, so I'm biased.

2. Munich and Brokeback Mountain. I liked Munich more than I thought I would, and liked Brokeback Mountain less than I thought I would. Both were very good.

4. Capote. I saw this over Thanksgiving weekend. It was good, and I thought Phillip Seymour Hoffman was fantastic.

5. Good Night, and Good Luck. This movie just didn't do much for me.

Today, we went to Chinatown, to visit Lauren's mother's cousin, Gerry. Gerry is 80, and is about 4 ft tall, and I think she's so cool. She's really funny, and has that cute, old, Chinese woman look to her. We went to lunch at the same place we've goe to lunch with her at least 2 times in the past.

Anyhow, that's my weekend so far. That and I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. While cleaning the kitchen, I got this picture of Geordi. I took the dishrack off the kitchen counter, and put it in the living room, while I was cleaning the kitchen.



I realize Geordi has made more photo appearances on this blog than anyone (or thing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page