Saturday, October 20, 2007

Jogging again (sort of)

On September 21, I played in a great soccer game. I scored twice, and our team won 5 - 1. During the game my back was hurting, so I put on some Icy Hot at half time, and figured it would be a minor thing. For the next several days, I could barely stand or walk, and I haven't played soccer since. It turns out I have a problem with my hip muscles, and the strain they are put under as I run.

In the past 4 weeks, I've gone to Physical Therapy, and have felt better, but I've been told that I could not run, and (or course) not play soccer. I've been on an elliptical for the past couple of weeks, to get exercise.

At PT yesterday, I asked Neeraj, my PT, when I could start jogging. He suggested I use a treadmill (which I don't really like), and run while squatting a little, and tensing up my abs. This is soooooo hard to do. I did it today for about 17 minutes, and I spent so much time concentrating on squatting and the abs thing that I didn't know if I got that great of a cardio workout. It was also very hard on my body. My quads are still sore, and my back is not as good as it was before I ran, so I may be headed back to the elliptical.

I just wish I could play soccer again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page