Thursday, August 23, 2007

The week

It's been a somewhat quiet week. Lauren has been out of town all week, so I've been left to find things to do with my time. I've been dealing with this quite a bit (this was actually filmed a while ago, but I've never used the blogger video-posting feature, so I'm trying it out)...



What else have I been doing? Well, I've been dealing with ice a lot. We still have some beer in the keg from our reception, so I've been keeping it cool I wish I was a beer drinker, because then I could help get rid of it. Instead, we have the keg in the dining area, and lots of Trader Joe's 1/2-gallon juice bottles full of beer, in the fridge. If anyone wants a 1/2-gallon or two of Dos Equis beer, get in touch.


In addition, I've been trying to plan our trip up to British Columbia. It kind of sucks that the dollar is so weak these days ($1US = $1.06 CAN), because the trip will end up being quite a bit more expensive than when I was in Vancouver in 2001 ($1=$1.70ish CAN). We're also going to be going through Seattle and Portland, which I haven't looked into at all.

I've also tried going to the gym again, and boy are my arms tired. It's been a while since I've lifted weights, but it feels good to do it again. I've been going very lightly, and trying to do some core conditioning stuff also (I don't know why I'm telling you this).

I've also seen 4 movies this week: Disturbia (it was alright), 300 (good special effects, HORRIBLE dialogue), Breach (very good), and tonight I saw Once in a Lifetime (good soccer documentary about the New York Cosmos soccer team).

Speaking of soccer, we have a game tomorrow against the dreaded Pink Flamingos (they wear pink jerseys). They kick our butts every time we play them, and I'm not sure why they are not in a higher division, They're good people, but I wish they weren't so good at playing soccer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page