Wednesday, January 07, 2009

MBA-free

I left for work today, at about 10:30 am, thinking to myself, that I would not be back until 8 pm. It's going to take some time to adjust to my afternoon/evening teaching schedule, and I'm still working out the kinks as far as when I'm going to eat; I get migraines when I don't eat, but I never really feel hungry, so I can go long periods of time, not realizing I haven't eaten, until the migraines come.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, at 7:16 pm, I was sitting in my office, updating my facebook status and wondering when my transcript would show what grades I got in my MBA classes that ended in October (why does it take 3 months for grades to show on an unofficial transcript? Isn't everything computerized these days?). So, I'm sitting there, and I feel no stress and no real tiredness; I'd been teaching for 4 1/2 hours straight, went to pilates, and was getting ready to get home. I didn't feel the least bit anxious, as I often do on weekday evenings, worried that there was some work that needed to be done, that wasn't.

Then it hit me. It's 7:16 pm on a weekday, and I'm in my office, updating my facebook status. I'm not sitting in a 4-hour MBA class, I'm not reading a book for an MBA class, I'm not doing MBA homework, working on an MBA group presentation/paper, not looking at the syllabus of an MBA instructor, wondering what their class will be like. I'm not even looking for a place where I can get a cheap MBA textbook (preferably an international edition). I'm not doing any of these things. I'm updating my facebook status.

In fact, the only MBA concern I have at the moment is, why can't they put the freaking grades on the transcripts, because I need to turn them in as part of my sabbatical requirement.

Even though I was done with the MBA in October, for some reason, at 7:16 pm today, I felt completely MBA-free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page