Sunday, August 09, 2009

The end of the never-ending Quarter

The never-ending quarter has come to an end. 18 straight weeks of teaching, the Spring and Summer Quarters. What now?

I've spent the weekend grading Trig Finals and, in general, wrapping up the Summer Quarter. I should start preparing for the Fall Quarter. I'm teaching a class I've never taught before at De Anza and another that I have not taught in several years. I keep saying I'm going to start planning and each day, I don't.

I've already started getting emails from students trying to get into my Fall classes (which I don't like getting, if you're a student thinking of emailing me) and I'm mainly ignoring them. I'll never like the waitlist system at De Anza, and I've complained about it enough in the past that I won't go into it now.

I'm going to be headed to Baltimore in the next few days, and spend a couple of weeks there. Baltimore in August is not fun, especially when there will be no air conditioning in the house. I'm preparing for a hot, humid, couple of weeks, hearing about the heat index on the weather reports and the afternoon thunder showers that bring (little) reprieve.

When I get back to the Bay Area, we get into high gear to get Lauren ready to head to Oxford - in some ways, we're already getting into high gear - I got fingerprinted for my visa the other day.

I wish I had more to say about the never-ending quarter: the classes, the students, and life in general over that time. Why would I want to relive that though? I complained about it before it started, so I'll just enjoy the fact that it has ended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page