Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Pool

A little over a month ago, we got a letter from the owner of our apartment complex; the pool was going to be worked on. It was unclear exactly what was going to be done with it, something about re-plastering the bottom, painting it, I don't know these things because construction/maintenance has never been my thing.

We were told we could not go into the pool area, and our porch gate would be locked with a lock we didn't have a key to, to prevent us from doing so. It seemed a bit extreme to me, but I guess that's what you have to do to avoid a lawsuit when some moron decides to go diving into an empty pool.
The work started with draining of the pool and 5-6 guys that would get to the pool area at about 9 am. One of them always was wearing a Harvard sweatshirt (I strongly doubt he's a graduate, but who am I to judge?). There would be loud noises, Geordi would hide somewhere all morning, which was not necessarily a bad thing. I would go to work with them still here. When I got home at 8 pm, everything would be quiet again, and Geordi would be back to his usual antics.
The work continued, wheelbarrows left in the empty pool over the weekend, random pieces of cement here and there. I was wondering how long it would take them to get through this after 3 weeks of what seemed like little progress. Then all of a sudden over this past week; one day the pool is completely re-plastered, the next day, it was completely repainted, the day after that the odd noise started at about 11 pm. Our upstairs neighbors running water, for what seemed like forever. We've often thought they were wasteful when it came to water, but this went on and on, deep into the night (Lauren tells me, because I was passed out sleeping).
The next morning, I realized what it was; it wasn't the neighbors, the pool was full of water.
So, it looks like the pool is back to normal. You can walk around it, as I've done, and probably go into it, if it wasn't 60-something degrees outside. For some reason though, we're still locked into our porch with a lock we don't have a key to. I don't know why we're being deprived of our porch gate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page