Monday, March 06, 2006

Houses and money

I opened up another mutual funds account yesterday (the internet is so cool - I can open accounts while watching the Oscars).

Looking at my accounts, I realize I could probably put a down payment on a house - if I lived in Michigan. Of course, I don't live in Michigan, and if I was still living in Michigan, I don't think my job would give me the income needed to put a down payment on a house at this point. This just illustrates how expensive it is to live in the Bay Area. To people in this area, I don't make much money at all. In fact, I'm very low on the totem pole. To people in Michigan, I make a ton of money.

What I need to do is work at De Anza for a few more years, and then move to Kansas, or something. Put what savings I have put away into buying a house, and then become a Kansasite, Kansaser, Kansan! I don't think I really want to move to Kansas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page