Thursday, December 14, 2006

Throwing Keys


I love the sound keys make when they are thrown in the air. There was a time in my life when I played with keys all the time. I would throw them super high, and then listen to that sound, and then catch them. I once hit my grandmother in the head, because I lost control of the keys.

A friend of mine in college once told me that she could always tell when I was coming down the hall in our dorm, because she could hear the keys. I played with keys all the time.

I haven't played with keys in a while. I don't know why really, it just kind of stopped.

Tonight, I was walking back from putting paper in the recyling bin in our apartment complex, when I got the sudden urge to throw my keys. There it was again, that sound. I threw my keys a few more times, before I got back to the apartment. It was peaceful to hear that sound, that sound of being free from your owner, and just hanging in the air for a second or two. I love the sound keys make when they are thrown in the air.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Awful said...

question: is it better to play with one's keys or do well in math 112 until the last few weeks and then fear for your math future? only the world truly knows!

December 15, 2006 2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page