Sunday, October 29, 2006

The End of Daylight Savings Time

I really like daylight savings time, but it has come to an end.

Alas, the days of having light well into the evening are now gone, and it will start to get dark by 6 pm.

When I lived in Michigan, the end of daylight savings meant winter was upon us (even though it was often there before the end of daylight savings), so I didn't notice it as much, because I wasn't spending any time in the "cool" evening weather. In California, however, where the weather is still nice, it kind of sucks to have the end of daylight savings, to see the darkness set in an hour earlier, closing all the blinds, and saying goodbye to the world earlier.

Of course, the retort is that it gets lighter an hour earlier, but being that I don't wake up early enough to appreciate that hour, it just feels like the day is an hour shorter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page