Saturday, September 16, 2006

Fall

I was reading someone's blog the other day, and they wrote about Fall. It hit me that I have not seen a real Fall in five years. People asked if I would miss the seasons by moving to the Bay Area (for the record, the Bay Area does have seasons). I always said no, and most of the time, I don't miss the seasons. I definitely do not miss Michigan winters.

I do miss Fall every once in a while. The leaves around here don't change quite the way they do on Charles Street, driving into and out of Baltimore. There is nothing around here that looks like Fall, standing on a bridge that goes over the Red Cedar River, on the MSU campus.

It has felt like Fall here over the past few days. Almost like a midwestern Fall. I was walking on campus yesterday, and there were dried pine leaves all over the place, and the wind was brisk. It was chilly. It felt like...I can't even describe it. I felt like I was in college again, on a mid September day in East Lansing, Michigan.

I've been walking around Mountain View quite a bit over the past few days, and I think that has added to the feeling, because, in college, I walked everywhere. I've been walking just to walk. I realize I walked about 3 miles today. I went to the Red Rock coffee house (they still don't have brown sugar - I requested it months ago), did some work, and then walked back home.

Before I left home, I wanted to take pictures looking outside. Something about the way the sun came into the apartment made me feel happy to be where I am right now, in life.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page