Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The MBA

I had my first class of an MBA program last night. It went from 6-10 pm. That's a long time to be in class, but it's something I'm going to have to get used to.

The class meets for 8 weeks - 8 Tuesdays and 2 saturdays. Each class is 4 hours long.

I have to say, it was not quite what I expected, but that is by no means a bad thing.

The class felt borderline psychology (even though my only psych class was a gigantic lecture class I took my sophomore year of college). The professor passed out cards with words on them, and we had to choose 3 cards we liked, for any reason at all. We then talked about why we chose the ones we did, and why we rejected the others.

The class is about leadership, which is a big part of an MBA.

As much as I say I'm taking this "for fun" (who gets an MBA for fun, right?), I hope it's of some use to my job. I figure I can use leadership in my teaching, and if I ever choose to take on any kind of "leader" role at De Anza.

Not much else is going on. I went to an orthopedic doctor yesterday, to have my ankle looked at by someone other than Susan, to see if there would be any difference in diagnoses. He basically said that it would heal with time, and I should by a brace to play soccer in.

This is kind of a dull post, especially when compared with my facial hair post, just below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page