Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sitting outside of Victoria's Secret watching the World go by

We were in Las Vegas for a day and a half, to celebrate our 1st anniversary; we got back tonight.

I was in Las Vegas 6 1/2 years ago, on my drive from Michigan to the Bay Area. I was there for one night, and remember thinking it was weird, and I just didn't get the appeal of the city. The way people talk about Vegas, I thought I missed out on something; I didn't. I still think it's weird and I still don't get the appeal of the city.

This picture helps illustrate the weirdness of Vegas...


This guy was sitting outside of Victoria's Secret, for what seemed like an eternity, waiting for his wife. A number of things happened while I was watching this guy, including a guy who had his picture taken, while posing with one of the mannequins. Why? I have no idea. Like I said, it's weird and I don't get the appeal of the city.

BTW, his wife eventually came out of the store....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I don't get the appeal of the city. Maybe some people are there to escape their reality or fulfill some weird desire. I am happy to know that I am not the only one who doesn't get it.

December 31, 2007 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just drove threw it without stopping. Its all so phony.

January 02, 2008 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how ironic those photos look. I personally, I love Las Vegas for the escape from reality. There's no city that really compares to it. Although I do find many things about it very vulgar, I enjoy it because you get to really relax a little.

January 11, 2008 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page