Thursday, February 07, 2008

PDL

I've been officially granted a PDL for the Fall of 2008 by the Foothill-De Anza Community College District.

What is a PDL you might ask? It stands for Professional Development Leave, also known as sabbatical.

It took longer than expected for me to be notified, because the person who was supposed to call me in December to tell me my name had been passed on to the College's board, neglected to do so. I had to call/email a couple of people to actually find out.

I'm going to spend the Fall (hopefully) finishing up my MBA at San Jose State. I've been working on the MBA on a part-time basis since August 2006, and I'm looking forward to finishing it up.

I did the math and figured out that the salary I'm going to be paid for not teaching in the Fall ends up being just about the same amount I have paid for the entire MBA program, so I guess De Anza is paying for my MBA (many people I'm in the program with don't pay for classes - their companies do).

Back to watching the Colbert Report....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page