Thursday, June 29, 2006

I love calculus

So I'm sitting here listening to Nelly Furtado (her first album, not the new one), and I realized I need to track down some old notes for the calculus class I'm going to be teaching, starting on Monday.

I dig through two boxes and found two-thirds of my notes. I started looking at them and I see again why I love calculus. I wasn't looking at anything earth-shattering. I was actually looking at something I'm hoping to do on the first day of class. Finding the distance a car travels, based on the velocity function. Anyone who's taken algebra knows the distance, rate, time formula, from algebra. But it's cool to take that, and use sums and graphs to calculate the area.

Anyhow, on to other things. The year is just about over. I have one more final tomorrow. I want to post a special post to the MPS class, so I will do that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page