Saturday, April 15, 2006

One Week Down

It’s Saturday morning, after the first week of classes. I’m sitting in the dining room, and Geordi has started his morning whine. He was just sitting in the window, but now he’s beginning to annoy me.



The first week went better than I expected it would. In statistics, there was a lot of data collecting. That’s what I like about that class. In a lot of other math classes, students have a harder time seeing where and how things are used. In stats, we collect data, and use it as needed, on the spot. Yesterday, I had students get the names and heights of 15 students in the class. I did this, partly to get students to get to know each other. About half of the MPS class is new to me, and the students I had last quarter, so I would like them to get to know each other. Last quarter, I always felt there was a divide between the students I had in the Fall and the students who were new to the class.

Last night, I wrote my first exam of the quarter. What a thing to do on a Friday night, right? Lauren has a bad cold, so we stuck around the apartment for the evening. For no other reason than to post a picture, here is my workspace.



I watched two episodes of Lost on DVD. It’s not a bad show. I don’t watch TV with any kind of regularity, so if I watch shows, it happens after everyone else has watched them, on DVD.

Today, I’m supposed to have practice at 1:00, but my ankle is a little gimpy, from turning it in soccer class, on Thursday. The class is on turf, which I’m not used to playing on, so it was a little rough going. I took a tumble, and then this ankle thing. Our next FC Red Storm game is not for a couple of weeks, so I think I’ll be fine by then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Hi Jeff. I came by your blog, and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dan, I've recently started a blog about a company I've founded thats building some great, free tools for teachers such as yourself to help you save time, and enrich your students learning experiences. If you get a free moment, feel free to stop on by my blog at http://eofficehours.blogspot.com, or check out the company and our products at www.eofficehours.com. We are based in Santa Clara, so we are trying to reach out to the local community right now. Thanks! Cheers, Dan.

April 19, 2006 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page