Thursday, April 20, 2006

It's 22:14 and I'm at work!

For those of you unfamiliar with military time, it is 10:14 pm.

I got to work a little before 9 this morning, taught my classes, did some work, went to my soccer class at 6 pm, and left campus at 7:30 pm. I picked Lauren up, then went home.

The lights were out. Our complex and the one next to ours were the only in the area that had no power. A pole had fallen, or something, at about 1 pm. It was now 8:30, we had no power, and we both had stuff we needed to do. So, we came to my office.

We've been here for a little over an hour now; me preping for class tomorrow, and Lauren preping to talk about her Qualifying Paper, Glide Harmony and Place Agreement in Akan Dialects, to the Stanford Linguistics Department's QP Fest tomorrow afternoon.

If you want to read more about Lauren's research interests, you can go to her webpage.

Anyhow, that's why we're here at 22:24. It took me ten minutes to write this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page