Sunday, May 28, 2006

Exams, Kids, Hypotheses and the International Friendly

This past week was one of preparing for exams, then grading exams.

Both classes had exams on Thursday, so I spent much of Thursday and Friday, grading. On Friday evening, we had a soccer game, and suffered our first loss of the season. The team was very good, so I had no problem losing to them. In the process, I got some kind of deep thigh bruise (I collided, at full speed, with their goalie) that has been not a fun thing to deal with the rest of the weekend.

We had friends over for dinner last night, who have a 1 1/2 year old daughter. I don't remember the last time I ate with a 1 1/2 year old, but it was exciting, and a little scary. Nothing scary happened at dinner, but the thought of constantly chasing after a little kid is a little scary to me.

Today, Sunday, I've spent quality time with the statistics book, attempting to wrap my brain around hypothesis testing, and doing calculations on the calculator. I think I spent 4-5 hours today working on, and with, the hypothesis testing chapter. I'm glad it's a three-day weekend, because I still have a fair amount of work to do tomorrow.

We went to a teammate's house in the afternoon, to watch the USA-Latvia soccer game (the US won 1-0). There was an 18-week old baby there, so we got a slightly different view of parenting than we did last night.

The world cup is in 12 days, and it's getting exciting. It kind of sucks that almost all the weekday games happen while I'm at work. I've decided to tape games every day, and leave work as soon as I can, so I can watch the tapes at home every evening. It's a little crazy, but not as crazy as this....

click on the picture to enlarge


Thanks to Steve for taking who-knows-how-long to put together a chart of the first round of the world cup TV listings (all times are Pacific Daylight time, for those of you not on the left coast).

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page