Saturday, April 29, 2006

Akeelah and the grading

I've done basically 2 things since the weekend started on Friday afternoon: grading and watching a movie.

Yesterday, we were to have our first soccer game of the spring season. The idiot director of the leage neglected to let the school where we were to play know that we would need goals for the game. The school locked up the goals, and no one officiating the game had keys to unlock them, so the game was cancelled. Simply put, this sucked. I had been looking forward to the game all day, all week even. But there was no game.

Instead Lauren and I went to her professor's house, and watered their plants. They are out of town, and we're to water their plants once a week, until they get back, in late May. While that was not as exciting as playing in a soccer game, it was a break from the grading I had been doing most of the afternoon.

This morning, I got up, and did more work (surprise, surprise). I worked on a quiz and graded, until I decided to make breakfast (waffles with vegetarian sausuage cooked into them - another Jeffusion original - very tasty).

We then went to see Akeelah and the Bee. It was a GREAT movie!!! I heard it was good, but the premise seemed predictable and somewhat cheesy. It was predictable, but still very good. I don't remember seeing a movie where I could tell what would happen, but still liked so much. It had its moving moments, and, I have to admit, I teared up a time or two. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a movie to watch in the next few weeks.

The film was put out by Lionsgate, so I should have known it would be good. I don't think I've ever seen a movie I didn't like that was put out by Lionsgate.

After the movie, we were briefly in downtown Mountain View, and then came home to - guess what? Grade. Yay!

Tonight we're going to go to dinner to celebrate our 29th lunaversay, which was yesterday. If you don't know what a lunaversay is, post a comment or email me, and I'll tell you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jefferson said...

It's like an anniversary, except monthly. It's a monthly anniversary.

May 07, 2006 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page